Monday, November 20, 2006

:: Flores 2002

I was there with a group of students from Architecture Dept, University of Indonesia.
My travelling partner was Ria Butarbutar [miss you, girl!!]. She's one of my best friends, great companion.

I've found a lot of interesting facts, people and places. It was great and wonderful.
At the last part of our journey, we took the bus from Bajawa to Labuhanbajo for about 12 hours long. The driver was a Flores-born-Chinese man who drove the bus as if it was just a bajaj. He's very lively and full of spirit. Speeding and talking altogether, all the way from one place to another.

In this fascinating trip, we've met a woman who I thought she's the real wonder woman [sorry Dian, it's not you honey....eventhough you keep told me that when we're in college...lol...].
She's just standing there, in the middle of nowhere, with her THREE children, all under five years old, all boys. The bus stopped, and she got inside right away. She sat right beside my huge back-pack with her precious and once in a while she tried to make a conversation with me [that's why I remember her vividly]. The most memorable part was when all of sudden she threw up near our luggage. I couldn't say a thing and push my self to smile politely......and couldn't take my eyes off the thingy. She ate only green leaves....yet she so strong to carry all of those children around.....More than 5 hours...... With one of the most challenging vehicle ever and the crazy-chatty driver.

Anyway, we reach Labuhan Bajo safely,
...and strangely,
I was peacefully happy...